Five on Friday: Headaches and Snow Days
This week has been one filled with slower paced days.
1. The week started with me nursing a cluster headache. They don't occur very often, but when they do it is horrible. In the midst of this not so great time, I was reminded of the gifts I have received in the package of children. I was surprised when I exited the shower with a nice, cold glass of water. This small act did a lot to brightened my day in the midst of pain.
2. Enjoying art with the girls at home was joyous. We haven't done many art projects at home this year because we tend to do art with another family twice a week. It was nice to create together.
3. Snow days. Okay, it's not as much snow as we used to experience, but I am grateful for the girls' sake. The one thing they miss outside of their friends is the snow. Just seeing the flurries fall from the sky put a smile on their faces.
4. Since the week has been pretty slow, I have enjoyed stealing a few moments for myself. I have baked several times this week. I have enjoyed decorating my journal. I even colored in my coloring book several times this week. It's been really nice just do some of the things that I enjoy without it feeling like a to-do list.
5. Last, but not least I am excited to see the launch of the new sites by one of the first blog writers that I regularly read. Tara from TheYoungMommyLife.com has created two beautiful sites for women, TheRenaissanceSuite.com and BloomBeautifully, the Self-Care Box. If you have a moment, stop by and show Tara some love.