This post is sponsored by Publix and Nature Valley. All content and opinions are my own.
Through and through, I am a morning person. It is my favorite time of day. I don't know if it's because it reminds me of a fresh start or because I have the most energy in the morning, but what I do know is that my day wouldn't go as well with a few key ingredients.
- I no longer try to stay in bed as long as possible. I allow myself to wake up no matter how early it is in the morning. I had a season where I struggled with this and it did me more harm trying to grab an extra fifteen minutes versus waking up.
- I take a moment to pray. I use the first minutes after waking to pray. I pray for people, my family, my thoughts, and my day.
- I do my bible study homework before I get moving. It helps me to stay centered on the Creator so that when I exit the room, I am ready to move forward in Him.
- Exercise! I have to start the day with some sort of movement. I walk our dog which allows me time out in nature. It helps me feel more connected. The girls and I participate in DB365. Thirty minutes of intentional exercise helps to keep our minds clear.
- Breakfast! I am not the best breakfast easier, and prefer not to eat too much. One way I make sure I get the nutrients I need is by eating light foods that are able to sustain me for a few hours. Nature Valley Baked Oat Bites fit the bill. A little goes a long way with this whole grain, protein packed cereal.
- Showering and getting dressed rounds out my morning. After I have done all of the things that get me energized, I end my morning ritual with a nice, hot shower.
Setting the pace to my mornings gives me a greater chance of having a successful day. When I lack in any of these areas, I find myself floundering through the morning. I am less productive and find myself uncertain of my next move. This is my least favorite way to start the day.
Out of all of the things listed in my list, breakfast is the one I am constantly working to be diligent. I know this is because I just want to start doing. The older I get and with having two daughters watching me, I really understand the value of having a good, fulfilling breakfast. If I get too busy too fast, the girls will highly recommend that I go and feed myself because it shows in my behavior. Breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day not only because it helps sets the standard for all following meals, but because it also fixes bad morning behavior. :)
How do you #PowerYourMorning?